Using Digital Evidence to Defend Workers' Compensation and Personal Injury Claims in the Gaming Industry
According to the National Safety Council, the total cost of workplace injuries in recent years has averaged more than $170 million for U.S. corporations, including those in the gaming industry. This figure includes:
- Wage and productivity losses
- Medical expenses
- Administrative expenses
- Employers’ uninsured costs
- The value of time lost by workers
- Cost of time required to investigate injuries, write injury reports, and manage the information required by OSHA, Workers’ Compensation, and attorneys
When managing personal injury litigation, workers’ compensation claims, return-to-work decisions, and compliance requirements, employers can manage potential financial risks by implementing procedures for collecting, storing, and managing evidence relating to workplace injuries. In today’s digital world, much of this evidence is in the form of digital documentation, photography, and videography.
Types of digital evidence include:
- Audio recordings of statements by the claimant and witness
- Video interviews of the claimant, the employer, and potential witnesses.
- Scene-of-Incident photos and surveillance video
- Video job descriptions
- Personnel files
- Police Reports
- Medical files and claim histories
How Digital Evidence Can Support Your Solution
To secure digital assets that may be needed to defend against future claims, organizations within the gaming industry are increasingly relying on digital evidence solutions that allow them to easily collect, store, manage, and retrieve digital information. When looking for a solution that meets your organization’s specific needs, consider the following features:
- Accommodates robust storage requirements for the sophisticated video file types used
- Intuitive user interface that reduces the need for training and data error
- Cloud-based platform that eliminates the need for costly and nonsecure on-site servers
- Centralized location for all users to effectively and securely perform all functions
- Ability for users to generate, share, and convert files and reports
- Easy access to evidence; sharing and requesting files; setting up permissions and rules to enhance safety and security; and purging data when it’s no longer needed
- Quick location and retrieval of data when needed
- Simple report generation
- Gives access to those who need it, when they need it
Whether dealing with an OSHA compliance question, Workers’ Compensation claim, or personal injury lawsuit, evidence will need to be collected by government inspectors and attorneys on all sides of the case. To ensure that your organization is prepared to defend itself against penalties, increased insurance premiums, and potential damages, make sure that you’re prepared to collect, store, and manage your own digital evidence.
For more than 20 years, Omnigo software solutions have been the preferred choice for law enforcement, education, healthcare, gaming, hospitality, and corporate enterprises. Currently, Omnigo’s solutions are used by over 2,000 customers in 20 different countries. At Omnigo, we’re committed to helping customers secure their organizations’ property, control operational costs, and ensure the safety of the general public.
We believe our customers deserve the best support available to protect their people, assets, and brand. We also understand how challenging it can be to protect the community without the proper resources. We’re here to arm users with the best tools in the industry. With a team that includes former law enforcement, first responders, and other public safety professionals, we’re uniquely qualified to understand exactly what our customers need to protect their community.
Protect Your Community With Effective Software Solutions That Drive Improved Efficiency
Schedule your customized demo