According to the FBI’s Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) statistics, the number of violent crimes reported across the US increased approximately 5% in 2020 from 2019. With the increase in crimes becoming increasingly prevalent, maintaining a reliable, highly functional security team has never been more crucial for organizations.
Faced with funding issues, though, many universities, hospitals, government agencies, and corporate entities often view their security force as a candidate for budget cuts. Organizations need to find cost-effective ways to balance budgetary concerns with the need to maintain safe environments.
By integrating a comprehensive, state-of-the-art mobile security management software suite with their legacy systems, security teams can leverage their available resources while improving situational awareness and security.
Enhance Performance Value
One of the major challenges facing security teams today is balancing patrol duties with administrative duties that need to be completed in the office. Mobile solutions can help increase efficiency and decrease time spent out of the field by:
- Allowing users to complete necessary record-keeping tasks in the field
- Reducing gaps in security by enabling officers to remain fully deployed in the field
- Allowing activity logs to be updated in real-time
- Providing instantaneous updates that can reduce response times and increase situational awareness
- Enabling officers to remain in contact with one another regardless of location, improving coordination of emergency responses
- Making it easy for team leaders to access the locations of available units
Cost Saving Of Mobile Applications
Making smart technological investments is essential to maximizing the financial benefits of transitioning to digital reporting. As numerous organizations face budget crunches, minimizing costs has become an operational requisite. Moving to a digital reporting solution can help organizations minimize such costs.
- Security officers can fill out reports at the scene of an incident while the details are fresh in their minds
- The ability to maintain accurate and complete records helps organizations maintain reporting compliance
- Tablet-based software has been shown to increase the productivity and efficiency of security departments
- Maximizing the effectiveness of existing staff help reduce the need to hire additional personnel
When selecting a tablet-based security software solution, a user-friendly interface is key to ensuring that members of the security team utilize the application to its full potential. This is especially true for organizations that have invested in an array of mobile devices, as unused or properly handled equipment represent a waste of valuable budget resources.
It's Time To Upgrade To Mobile
Most organizations utilize mobile devices in their day-to-day operations, and many are moving to mobile software solutions. The security industry is no exception. Tablet devices allow security personnel to quickly and effectively communicate with one another, streamlining emergency response efforts and providing a greater level of safety in their patrol areas.